Monday, 1 August 2011

Portraits of Dogs as They Shake Off Water

Now this is a departure from the sort of thing I normally post & go on about but it's the only thing that's made me smile all day so I thought I'd share it with you all. Before I do though here are some facts that I thought interesting:-

  • A dog when wet engages in oscillatory shaking.
  • The shaking is sinusoidal.
  • At sufficiently high frequencies the water droplets are released from the fur.
  • The shaking always starts with the head & works its way down to the tail.
  • A dog will shake at around 4-5 Hz (hertz refers to the frequency of skin oscillations per second)
So there you go, all completely pointless information but fascinating never the less. Learn above information of by heart & bore people at parties with it. So without further ado click on this link & laugh away...at least you now know the science behind it as well.  

PORTRAITS OF DOGS AS THEY SHAKE OF WATER