Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Clouds, Rude Sounding Fields and a Hippy Boat

Time for another few photographic posts from me. The first one from me today is "Incoming". The sky was a very vivid and clear blue when I ventured out with the camera. By the time i got to the far end of the undercliff walk at Saltdean the weather had changed dramatically and the clouds had rolled in. In this image looking West you can clearly see the storm front edging it's way over Brighton (England) and denying sunlight to the hill and chalk face that divides Saltfdean from the village of Rottingdean. The end that I was standing at was still bathed in bright sunlight but I realised that was soon to change so didn't hang around much longer!



Image number two is "Fulking Field". Sorry for the rather indiscreet sounding title but in actual fact  t is exactly what it says it is. This is a farmers field in the village of Fulking in Sussex, England. The thick growth of trees and large hills that you see sweeping off into the distance are part of the famous South Downs. The haze was due to a beautifully hot and humid day. I decided to go for a drive and explore some of the older more ancient parts of Sussex armed only with a camera, t-shirt, shorts and a pair of flip flops. Luxury!



Last image from me today is "The Hippy Boat". Question -  When is a bus not a bus?  Answer - When it's part of a  boat! If I was going to have to live on a houseboat this is probably the sort of boat you'd find me on. I love the look of this, it's very "New Age" in a sort of retro 1960's hippy style. It makes me wonder what the boat / barge looked like to begin with but now one side has had a coach / bus welded into position (complete with wheels still attached) and the stern end has been completely remodeled with a wave type roof section and some incredibly odd looking windows. Love it. Just to add the final icing on the cake there's a heart shaped window in it's side and a missile/bomb with "Peace One Day" on it stuck in the mud of the river bank. Awesome!


All Photography © Justin Hill