Friday, 28 September 2012

A Blazing Bed, A Hypnotic Front & Lines

"Park Flowerbed" is my first image for today. Suan Buak Haad Park sits on the South West corner of the ancient and historical old moated city of Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand. It's a place of relaxation and tranquility. Large ponds are full of fish that make the water "boil" when you feed them, food stalls sell Thai snacks and drinks alongside vendors that rent out rolled up mats for you to lay out on the grass and lounge upon. There's a running track that surrounds the park that has a constant stream of joggers throughout the day and a tarmac sporting area in one corner where many Thai's play a traditional game of Sepak takraw with a rattan ball. This flower bed was neatly laid out to the north of the park, it was ablaze with color as it soaked up the hot sun.I captured this shot on February 5th 2011 during the weekend of the annual Chiang Mai Flower Festival.



"Bands of Light" is the obvious title for image two. It's a unique and very different shot of the famous Victorian Iron arches and promenade that run along Madeira Drive on the seafront of Brighton, on the south coast of England. My black and white processing techniques are not usually this heavy but I felt I could get away with a rather starker and more brutal treatment with this image as the lighting and perspective seemed to lend itself to it. It was quite creepy wandering about down there on my own. Nobody was out at all as the weather had taken a turn for the worst and there were dark recesses and corners everywhere I looked.



"Telephone Line" is my last image for today. High up on the hill in the village where I live there's farmland and a long pathway that runs all the way to Woodingdean. I was up there a week or so ago when I captured this image as a storm was starting to form and sweep in. To the right of the image you can see the lights of Woodingdean on the south coast of England.



All Photography © Justin Hill