Thursday, 6 September 2012

A Haven, Some Steps & a Coaster

Today's first image is titled "I Am Shore". I love the colors in this shot, they are so vivid and lush. Over the last few days I have been processing many photographs from a recent  trip to Cuckmere Haven on the south coast of England. It's a beautiful and very scenic place to visit. I spent four hours walking around with the camera and am very pleased with the resulting 95 images. The cliffs are the famous "Seven Sisters", they suddenly rise up out of the ground from nowhere and dominate the coastline.



"Up or Down" is image tow for today. Madeira Drive in Brighton (England) is famous for all it's Victorian splendor and trimmings. Major construction work was started in 1795 to protect the cliff face and ensure the safety of the building along Marine Parade. Work carried on throughout the 1800's and eventually finished in 1890 with the addition of the cast-iron Madeira Terrace behind which is East Cliff. I am not quite sure when these steps were built but it's safe to say they are Victorian in design and construction.



I have always loved roller-coasters and am a bit of a thrill seeker when it comes to big rides so "Geometric Thrills" seemed to be a fitting title for my last image for today. I love the adrenaline rush that the first huge drop gives you and the wind in the hair as you speed along the tracks. It does make me wonder though why we seek out such things. Jumping off bridges with rubber cords attached, leaping from planes to free fall towards the earth at terrifying speed and being flung in all directions in the name of fun at fairgrounds all defy logic when you stop and think about them. This image is of the "Turbo" on the end of Brighton Pier.



All Photography © Justin Hill