Wednesday, 17 October 2012

A Brewery, a Hideout & a Wooden Horse

"Harveys" :- Harveys Brewery can be found in the ancient and very historical town of Lewes in Sussex, England. It was founded in 1790 and is still brewing and producing traditional beers to this day. My planned evening of photography had ended abruptly due to bad weather so I'd decided to call  a day and was on the way back to the car when I sopped briefly top capture this image of the Brewery shop. To the left in the background you can see the wonderful Gothic type tower of the brewery that's become a local landmark.



"Wooden Shelter" :- This was shot deep within Friston Forest in Sussex, England. I wasn't quite sure where I was going and was "following my nose" in the hope that i'd find a way out when I stumbled upon this wooden shelter hat someone had made and left. It all felt a little odd to me as images of "Middle Earth" sprang to mind and mingled in with those from the "Blair Witch Project" so I took the shot and then moved on... slightly quicker than I had before.



"Olivia" :- I love photographing the old carousels and their wooden horses. They are so vibrant and alive, they seem to glow and dazzle under all that electric light. This carousel can be found on the end of Brighton Pier (you can just see part of he city skyline in the distance on the far right).



All Photography © Justin Hill