Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Aloof Reptile, Open Frontage & Night Rails

"Lizard on Concrete" :- A bit like "Dick Dastardly" trying to catch the pigeon I was desperately trying to capture the lizard. I'd spotted it zipping about in and around our large concrete plant containers in our front yard. Stealthily creeping up on it with the camera all ready to go I moved in for the shot only for it to vanish before my eyes in a flash. Challenge on. I think it must have taken about 45 minutes before I finally managed to get the shot. It wasn't where I'd have preferred to shoot it but to be honest I don't think I had much choice and I am reasonably happy with the end result. So here it is, resting on a large concrete container in our front yard in Omkoi, high up in the mountains of Northern Thailand.



"Browns" :- Browns restaurant can be found in Duke Street , Brighton, England. It has a very 1920's and 30's look and feel to it. When the weather is pleasurable the entire front window of the restaurant opens up producing a pseudo alfresco atmosphere. It opened for business in 1973 and is situated near the beach, the famous Lanes and the main shopping center. In "Notes From a Small Island" by Bill Bryson "Browns" is recommended as an excellent place to stop in for some food and a coffee.



"Deep Purple" :- The Volk's Electric Railway ppened in Brighton (on the south coast of England) in 1883 and it is the 'world's oldest operating electric railway'. Invented by Magnus Volk the railway runs along Brighton seafront between the Brighton Pier and Black Rock (near the Marina). It's approximately one mile or 1, 609 meters in length. This image was taken around 19:30 pm at the crossing near the Yellowave Beach Sports Venue and Barefoot Cafe



All Photography © Justin Hill