Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Marillion 2nd March 1984

Marillion 2nd March 1984 :- And here began the start of a very long love affair with a band called Marillion. I'd played their first album "Script for a Jester's Tear" so much that I'd worn it out, I knew it word for word and note for note. So as soon as their 2nd album "Fugazi" was released I'd rushed out and bought it...and it didn't disappoint. Then they announced their tour dates for the Fugazi Tour and joy upon joys Brighton was on the list! To this day I still get shivers and tingle with the memories of seeing this band in the early 80's, singing along with the crowd, bouncing up and down to the bouncy bits and drifting on the soulful sounds and heartfelt lyrics. The singer Fish was a genius, the guitarist Steve Rothery was phenomenal. They blew me away...