Friday, 28 December 2012

Brooding Cloud, Victorian Anomaly & Festive Barn

‎"Silent Enemy" :- I have a few shots of this singular storm cloud attempting to ruin a wonderful sunset and evening on its own. I'd been down on the beach grabbing images of the sun going down when this gargantuan and foreboding looking cloud drifted silently into place and then stopped. It sat motionless, hovering in place over the sea as if it was trying to work out what exactly it should do next. I'd captured several images of t from beach level and was making my way back "up top" when i turned and grabbed this last shot. The light on the sea was sliver and cold and the clouds reflection cast a gun metal grey on the water too.



"Brighton Folly" :- I know nothing about this structure at all. In fact it has baffled me for a long time. It's situated on Brighton seafront on an area known as "Duke's Mound" in Kemptown (Southern England). It is thought that Sir Joseph Paxton (1803-1865) an English gardener and architect, best known for designing The Crystal Palace developed the terraced walks along the seafront in 1828 so I am guessing that this was part of the seafront garden designs from the Victorian era.



"The Tree Hut" :- Captured just a day or so before Christmas in the village of Ovingdean on the south coast of England. This little hut was home to a business that was selling Christmas Trees and hand produced wooden ornaments. It looked very cozy and inviting as I drove past so I pulled over and grabbed a few shots before the light failed completely. Now is a good time to post the image as it will soon be new year and I'll have a long wait before it seems fitting again!



All Photography © Justin Hill