Sunday, 9 December 2012

Gamut - Bonus Track "Minstral" with Vocals

OK so if you've managed to make it this far you'll know by now that Gamut was an instrumental prog rock band. This was not by choice,it was more to do with the fact that we simply could not find a decent singer .. or a sane one. This is one of the reasons that I suggested we call our tour the "Situation Vacant" tour and advertise the fact that we could play live ,we were good at what we did and we really needed a singer! One of our friends tried out for us and to be honest I really liked what he'd managed to do with our music. I have no idea how he extracted a vocal line from our melodies but he did and he did them well. I cannot for the life of me remember why it never worked out, I have a vague recollection that he wasn't too bothered about it all at the time or was busying himself with other projects. Anyway, as a bonus track here's "Minstral" again but this time with vocals by Jamie Cook.




Gamut were : Pat Gordon - Keyboards, Rick Willis - Bass, Russell Haynes - Drums and (myself) Justin Hill on Guitar.