Sunday, 2 December 2012

Gamut - The Hunt

Track #6 by my old band Gamut is called The Hunt ... and it was a pig to play live on stage. I am used to electric guitars. Thin, low action, noisy electric guitars. So when we decided to create a track with an acoustic guitar it seemed a good idea at the time as I already had an Ovation Celebrity semi acoustic guitar in my collection. What I should have known is that an acoustic track by Gamut was like no other normal laid back acoustic track. This one had some intricate picking in it, some fast rhythm sections in it and of course odd timings in places just to really keep me on my toes. It's quite a complicated piece of music when you listen to it and start to dissect what's going on. Rick our bass player had his work cut out too ... just listen to those bass lines!

Gamut were : Pat Gordon - Keyboards, Rick Willis - Bass, Russell Haynes - Drums and (myself) Justin Hill on Guitar.