Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Oldest Tree, Moody Station & City Sunset

‎"Propped" :- Now this is what you call a tree! The yew tree within Wilmington Church yard (in the village of Wilmington, Sussex) is estimated to be over 1600 years old. They say it was planted circa 400 AD and it is believed to be the oldest yew tree in England. The trunk is so heavy and big that it has to be supported by several large telegraph poles.



"Simply Food" :- Two loads of transport in one shot! A couple of bicycles are chained to the railings outside of Brighton's Victorian train station on the south coast of England. From the station it's just a 10 minute walk to the seafront and the city center. I wanted to go in heavy with the processing of this image and try to get white whites and black blacks as the shapes, lines and geometrics within the image seemed to demand it.



"Golden Coast" :- Captured during one of the most stunning sunsets I have ever witnessed on Brighton seafront looking towards Hove and the west. I'd been "clicking away" trying to grab as many shots as I could while the sun gracefully (but rapidly) descended behind the remains of the West Pier and towards the horizon. I happened to look away from the wonder that had entranced me and saw this view of the seafront basking in the last rays of the day and shot it more as an afterthought than anything else. It wasn't until I processed the shot that I realised just how beautiful it was and that I'd managed to get it without a single soul on the beach!



All Photography © Justin Hill