Saturday, 22 December 2012

Scenic Seating, Monochrome Beach & a Bar

"Sunset Bench" :- Here's a moody shot from the beach at Rottingdean on the south coast of England. The sun was just going down and the air was beginning to chill and bite. I had been on the beach grabbing images for a good hour or so when I decided to call it a day and make my way back to where I'd parked the car when I noticed the play of light on this seafront bench. I also loved all the subdued tones and evening blues so grabbed one extra shot before leaving the beach.



"Harsh Beauty" :- A late afternoon hard light hit the shores at Ovingdean Gap. The clouds were moving in and the temperature was dropping rapidly. The tide was on the turn and threatening to envelope everything in site.



"Fortune of War" :- The "Fortune of War" is a bar that's located on the lower promenade on Brighton beach, England. It's interior is modeled on an old ship so there's a lot of wood and ropes involved. If you do manage to get a seat by the upper windows at the front then you can sit and drink with a great view of the English Channel. I captured this late evening so nobody was sitting outside as it was too cold, I was actually standing on the pebbled beach for this shot!



All Photography © Justin Hill