Monday, 31 December 2012

Seaside Pools, Glasshouse & Minimalism

"To Catch a Cloud" :- Late afternoon down on the beach at Ovingdean Gap on the south coast of England. The sun was beginning to set behind me as I turned to the East and noticed a small pink cloud being caught by some of the sea water that had been left behind.



"In the Greenhouse" :- This is one of the mighty and ginormous greenhouses that are at the back of Stanmer Park on the outskirts of Brighton, England. The parks and gardens department of Brighton Council are housed there and some of the greenhouses are open to the public with plants for sale etc. It's a very interesting place to wander around.



"No Place Like Dome" :- A very different shot from me and not the sort of thing I normally shoot or frame this way! This is the roof / dome of the amusement arcade on the end of Brighton Pier (England). Some gulls had got weary of battling with the air currents and were taking a well earned rest on the top. I liked the way the strip lights were just glowing and hat the blue of the late evening sky was acting as I nice offset to the dark dome. No cropping...this is how I shot it.



All Photography © Justin Hill