Saturday, 19 January 2013

Lit Lanes, Bare Bark and a Skeletal Pier

"Union Street" :- Union Street is part of the historical and very famous "Lanes" in the city of Brighton on the south coast of England. In fact this area was once part of the original settlement of Brighthelmstone. Slowly this part of Brighton was built up during the late 18th century until it was fully laid out by 1792.



"Naked" :- At the time of capturing this image I knew it was going to look quite visual but I had no idea until I'd processed it just how powerful it actually looks. It was shot in the village of Ovingdean (near Brighton), England. I knew at the time that I was going to process it as a black and white image ... the entire scene dictated that to me.



"Staring Out to Sea" :- Pastel shades and a powerful sunset turn the remains of the West Pier on Brighton beach (England) into a giant silhouetted piece of modernistic art. The sea itself is transformed from it's grey green brooding self into a wonderful and vibrant liquid palette.



All Photography © Justin Hill