Friday, 15 March 2013

Vibrant Sunset, Deserted and Light Shaft

"Burning Desire" :- A capture of a dying sunset taken on the beach at Rottingdean on the south coast of England. The colors that the sunlight was throwing up for all to see were breathtakingly beautiful. They looked like the sort of thing you'd see in a painting or work of art but would dismiss as a thing of fancy or artistic license.



"Reach for the Sky" :- I have to admit I was overjoyed at the outcome of this shot. It was cold, very cold, in fact it was so cold Brighton seafront was deserted so I was able to get a shot across the concourse without anyone getting in the way. The light was playing on the wet concrete and the remains of the West Pier were caught in silhouette along with the masts of the boats that were all lined up on the beach.



"Light Beam" :- If you look carefully you'll notice a boat caught in the ray of light on the horizon. It took me several shots and attempts to get this one to look right as the wind battered both myself and the camera. Waves were crashing up over the breakwater that I was standing on causing me to panic and try and get the job done. I was half expecting to find out that it wasn't a ray of light from the sun at all but a beam of light from some mothership trying to lift the boat up out of the water. It all looked very surreal.



All Photography © Justin Hill