Sunday, 16 June 2013

Colorful Shadows, All Saints Door and Cuckmere Haven

"Colorful Shadows" :- It sometimes pays to explore the area you are in 100% instead of thinking "Well, I can see there's not much up there so I'll turn around now and head back!". Worthing Pier (Sussex, England) is an old 1800's structure that was pretty much rebuilt in the 1930's. There were a few people dotted about on its decks when I took a stroll along its boards but for the most part the pier was quiet which allowed me to take my time and explore it more. 'd got to the end and was about to turn and walk back to the seafront when I decided to walk right around the very end and head back down on the opposite side. It was as I was circling around that I spotted these three empty deck chairs looking out to sea. The first thing that struck me was that they were each a different color which I thought made a good image anyway ... and then I noticed the shadows that they were casting were also in the same different colors.



"All Saints Door" :- All Saints Church is located on the corner of The Drive and Eaton Road in Hove, England. The parishes of Hove and Preston have been united since 1531. Construction of All Saints commenced in 1889 and it was finally completed and opened in opened in 1891. All Saints is one of the largest of the 19th century Gothic revival.



"Cuckmere Haven" :- Here's a very "touristy" shot that I wasn't going to take at all on my visit to Cuckmere Haven (South Coast of England) but the weather was so great that day that in the end I gave in and captured the scene anyway. It's a shot that has been taken thousands of times by anyone who is fortunate enough to visit the beauty spot and estuary. The beach at Cuckmere Haven was used for the opening scene in Kevin Costner's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and also Atonement. The Seven Sisters cliff face was briefly featured in the Harry Potter film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It's not surprising that they've featured in Movies, TV series and Music Videos as the area is one of outstanding beauty and truly unique. It's a bit of a 'postcard' shot but I thought you'd all appreciate it anyway.



All Photography © Justin Hill