Thursday, 20 June 2013

Dreamy Beach, Sunlit Sands and Lit stairwell

"Dreamy Beach" :- Captured late last night (21:30 hrs on 19th June 2013) on the beach at Ovingdean Gap on the south coast of England. I very nearly decided not to go out at all but changed my mind last minute and found myself down on a deserted beach with nature putting on a display for me. It was very peaceful and tranquil and the colors were quite breathtaking.



"Sunlit Sands" :- This was a shot that I was divided over processing in color or as monochrome. Both looked great. In the end I went with the stark harsh lines of the black and white approach and am now pleased with my choice. This is a shot of Worthing Pier from the beach at low tide in Sussex, England. The pier itself is an amalgamation of 1800's and 1930's design and looks radically different from the Pier just a 30 minute drive away in Brighton.



"Lit stairwell" :- After shooting the sunset on the beach at Ovingdean Gap last night I had to make my way back up to the top of the cliff. This is done by a 1930's built set of stairs that have stood the test of time and the elements whilst giving access to the beach for hundreds of people on a yearly basis. As luck would have it the lighting for the stairs had just been turned on so I grabbed a quick moody shot of them before heading back up and to the car!



All Photography © Justin Hill