Saturday, 1 June 2013

Hove Front Seating, Triple Crossed and Dante's Sunset

"Hove Front Seating" :- Last weekend (25th May 2013) I went for a walk and ended up on the seafront in Hove. Naturally I had taken my camera along with me (as always) and I was delighted to find that the weather was actually pleasurable and very sunny. Just before heading 'inland' I stopped and grabbed this shot of the two Victorian seating booths either side of the wide walkway that leads to the main promenade and beach.



"Triple Crossed" :- These three identical gravestones sit in the graveyard of Stanmer Church (declared redundant in 2008) within the sprawling Stanmer Park on the outskirts of Brighton, England. According to Wikipedia (Stanmer Church) "A church was built in the Middle Ages; records of it go back to 1232. It stood on open land outside the village. It had no known dedication, little is known about the building, and the only remnants from the era are some yew trees in the churchyard and several memorial tablets and tombstones." I have no idea of the age of these particular stones but would hazard a guess at them being from the last century or so and not much older than that.



"Dante's Sunset" :- I very nearly missed getting this shot altogether. It had been a rather uneventful and dreary December's day, cold, bleak and generally not very welcoming. As it drew towards late afternoon something made me pick up my camera and venture out towards the coast and this is what was waiting for me when I arrived on the beach. All the elements came together to form this one breathtaking scene full of moodiness, fire and water. This was captured on the beach at Ovingdean Gap, England.



All Photography © Justin Hill