Monday, 3 June 2013

Marina Lock, Heavy Sky and Tanned Lines

"Marina Lock" :- Most of the time when I am passing through Brighton Marina (Uk) the lock gates are firmly closed which not only stop the seawater from flooding in but also stop the sunlight from flooding in too. On this one occasion I just happened to be in the right place at the right time as the gates were open and waiting for some sea going vessel to pass through and enter the inner sanctum and calmness and tranquility.



"Heavy Sky" :- A heavy and malevolent looking cloud skims the top of the cliffs on the south coast of England as it heads on out towards the English Channel. The beach and surrounding area was unusually quiet, not even the odd dog was to be found being given some exercise by its owner. There was a dampness in the air and you could feel the atmospherics changing by the second as the cloud slowly scudded over.



"Tanned Lines" :- This was captured just over a year ago (May 2012). I was crossing the railway lines via the footbridge at Hove Station (England) when I noticed that the setting sun (behind me) was casting a wonderful light and throwing some great shadows down below on the tracks. I managed to get the camera lens through a small hole in the wire mesh and grabbed a quick shot. The end result was very pleasing and far better than I had expected it to be.



All Photography © Justin Hill