Saturday, 23 November 2013

Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Eastbourne Rock and Hades

"Brighton Museum & Art Gallery" :- The entrance to Brighton Museum & Art Gallery is very imposing at the best of times but it looks at it's most spectacular when it's floodlit after dark. The entrance is located in the Royal Pavilion Gardens and is only a stone's throw away from the grand and ornate Pavilion itself. Each and every time I have wandered through or photographed this place at night there's been a light bulb out. One of these days I'll get a shot of it with all the lights working!



"Eastbourne Rock" :- The title says it all really. A large mass of rocks sit on the far end of Eastbourne's pebbled beach. I'd wandered the length of the pier and taken in the promenade for an hour or so before deciding to explore a section of the seafront that I'd not been in before. So I walked a good 30 minutes down to where the promenade stops and the cliff face takes over and forces me to take to the beach. I walked a further 5 minutes before coming to a stop as it looked unsafe to go any further (not without a hard hat anyway).



"Hades" :- Well, what can I say about this? I'd hit Brighton beach late afternoon and had wandered about aimlessly for a bit grabbing the odd shot here and there as I meandered. Then for some unknown reason I headed off along the prom towards Hove and found myself 25 minutes later on the beach with the sun going down. I waited for a while to see if there was going to be a decent sunset but nothing much happened so I turned and started to walk back along the beach leaving Hove behind me along with the dying sun. A few minutes passed and then there was an unearthly glow that coloured everything in and also cast a slight shadow of myself. I turned and this is what I saw. Wasting no time at all I set up in seconds flat and started to shoot. A breathtaking display of Biblical proportions!



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill