Monday, 3 March 2014

Mirror Monk, Frilly Iron and Full of Sun

"Mirror Monk" :- I miss Thailand so very much, It's deep in my heart and bloodstream. I count myself lucky that I was able to explore parts of it freely and take my camera along for the ride too. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I dislike about the place too. Nowhere is 100% perfect and Thailand has a lot to make up for in certain places but it's temples and architecture, heat and wonderful weather are a joy to behold. This golden statue of a monk backed by small square mirrors stands silently in a temple called Wat Pan Waen in the heart of the old moated section of the city of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand. According to the Thai calendar the temple was built somewhere around B.E.2060 which when converted to the Christian calender turns out out be 1517 AD.



"Frilly Iron" :- This is an image of Brighton & Hove seafront as seen from the exquisite and ornate bandstand (built & opened to the public in 1884). In 2009 the bandstand was renovated and lovingly restored in a £950,000 project by Brighton & Hove City Council. Before the restoration it was derelict, run down, dilapidated and in a very sorry state. It's wonderful to have the "Birdcage" looking as if she were built yesterday!



"Full of Sun" :- Here's an image looking across the beach at Brighton towards the incoming storm clouds that are approaching the coast from out over the English Channel. It was later afternoon and the sun was setting causing the angry looking clouds to look as if they were lit internally. I stood for a while watching them rolling in but decided to make a move when I felt a sudden drop in temperature. Bad weather was on the way.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill