Friday, 31 October 2014

Circus, Backlit Cross and Stormy Coast

"The Moscow State Circus" :- This was shot nearly two and a half years ago on 29th May 2012 and has been sitting patiently on file ever since. This was the "Big Top" of The Moscow State Circus when it visited Brighton and pitched up in Preston Park. I like wandering around these places by day, they look different. At night they become magical and take on a different feel as they're all lit up. By day they are quiet and still but you know that all the talen that entertains at night is still around somewhere, it's just well hidden. But that of course also means that the clowns are still around somewhere too and that they are also hidng. Honk honk!



"Backlit Cross " :- A shot of the alter lit by natural light as it floods in through one of the windows high up within the church. This is part of the interioro of St Mary de Haura Church in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, England. The church was founded in 1096 but much of it was built from 1105 onwards. It has stood in Shoreham for over 900 years and is one of the oldest Churches in the town. Due to it's incredible Norman architecture and its historical value the church is Grade I listed. When I ventured inside I found myself alone as I wandered around on its cold, hard stone floor. My footsteps echoing around as I made my way further in. There was an incredible feeling of weight and age all around me. You could feel the presence of the Normans that built this place of worship.



"Stormy Coast" :- Here's a view I know very well. This is the cliff top at Ovingdean Gap on the outskirts of Brighton. It takes (approx) 25 minutes to walk from the house to here whereupon I make my way down the winding set of steps in the cliff face and down to the undercliff walk where I can then walk the few miles left into Brighton itself. As you can see by the wall and stonework this was all built in the 1930's. On this day the sea was cold and the odd spot of rain was a warning that the ominous looking clouds rolling in were threatening a complete downpour.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill