Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Daily Doodle : Guy Fawkes

Seeing as today is the 5th November it came as no surprise to find that today's daily doodle subject was that of Guy Fawkes (13 April 1570 – 31 January 1606). Guy (or Guido as he was sometmes known) was a member of a group of provincial English Catholics who planned the failed Gunpowder Plot of 1605. He is regarded as one of the most notorious traitors to the British crown but he did not work alone as there were actually 13 conspirators involved in the plot to kill King James I and as many politicians as possible by blowing up parliament. Anyway, I found myself thinking about the entire historical event and let my mind wander. This ended up with me wondering what would have happened if they'd not heard the plans correctly and had in fact bought barrels of the wrong powder. As soon as I'd thought that I knew where I was going with today's sketch ...