Friday, 21 November 2014

Daily Doodle : My Pet Piranha

Well today's given inappropriate pet to draw was a piranha. It was quite an instant image that popped into my mind for this one. As sson as I had done everything else I needed to do I set oubout trying to capture the thought and vision in my head. Using a very light grey I sketched out the rough outline and shape and got it spot on with my first go. Then I set about painting it (digitally) adding sections bit by bit on separate layers so as not to muck up or ruin anything that I'd done previously. One of the reasons I enjoyed creating this mean looking fish was that a long time ago someone I knew actually had a couple of red bellied piranha (pygocentrus nattereri) in a large tank in his living room. Incredible creatures to watch. Love the flecks of gold that gleam and glisten as they swim around. Anyway here is today's pet piranha...