Thursday, 27 November 2014

Daily Doodle : Thanksgiving

Well today is thanksgiving (primarily) in the United States and Canada so it came as no surprise to find today's Daily Doodle subject was....er....thanksgiving. Pushed ideas around in my head for a while on a bit of mental paper. Kept screwing them up and chucking 'em in the bin. All I kept thinking is that I didn't want to draw a turkey for today's topic. I searched images to see what thanksgiving primarily looked like and to my horror found thousands of turkeys (of both the alive and fried variety), images of families sitting around the table eating turkey and very little else...apart from the odd Pilgrim / thanksgiving hat. This was a serious "Ruh Roh!" moment as I thought I had met my match. "I don't want to draw another turkey!" I said out loud to myself whilst staring at a Pilgrim's headgear and in that moment I saw an image appear in my noggin and at the same time heard it in French! Result...there's today's image. So as a turn around / double bluff to Rene Magritte's "The Treachery of Images" here's today's thanksgiving doodle...