Monday, 29 December 2014

Daily Doodle : Bingo

I love watching live bands, I love listeing to live bands and there was a time when I loved being in a band myself. I started off buying a guitar when I was 17 and then through a lot of trial and error somehow ended up learning to play the thing. It was a cheap copy which meant there was only so much i could learn on it before my progression halted so it ended up being traded in and I bought a proper, real electric guitar ... a stratocaster. Several years later I had a room full of guitars as well as as a Marshall stack, one bass and a couple of keyboards but the one thing that always eluded me was the drums! I'd start out ok. Manageing to play a simple 4/4 beat for about a minute or so and then I'd slowly realise that all four limbs had somehow synchronised again and all that could be heard was a timely thump thump thump. I have always admired drummers, the endless energy, timing and rythm needed to play for a live concert is immense. I have always admired this guy too. I don't know who was in the costume but whoever it was was considerably upping their game. Playing drums under hot TV studio lights is one thing but doing that whilst you are a wearing a head to toe furry costume is something else entirely. Bingo was an animal...