Saturday, 13 December 2014

Look Into the Light, Hangleton Mill and Color Blur

"Look Into the Light" :- Sunset as seen from the top of the Beacon Hill Nature Reserve that's between the villages of Rottingdean and Ovingdean in Brighton , Sussex. When you're walking around here it's hard to image that you're only a 120 minute drive away from the sprawling city of Brighton.



"Hangleton Mill" :- There can't be many places where you'll find a windmill in the middle of a road! This is Hangleton Mill, an old 19th century windmill in Hove, Sussex. It's called a smock mill because of its octagonal shape is similar an old miller’s linen smock. The mill is in Holmes Avenue which is just Hangleton Road which can be accessed from the A27 bypass.



"Color Blur" :- Ok. I'll put my hands up and freely admit that this shot didn't come out as planned at all. It's out of focus which I take the blame for completely due to my poor eyesight in the dark. I get it right 99% of the time but there's the odd occasion where i dont and this was one of them. However, I was going to dump it and delete it but there was something about it that I really liked so I saved it and processed it anyway and am showing off my blury wonder to you all now. It was shot back in September and was lit up yellow in honour of the Tour of Britain cycle race that was coming through the city that weekend.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill