Monday, 19 January 2015

Daily Doodle : The Letter K

Many year ago I dropped in to visit a friend just as some film was starting on TV. He grabbed a couple of beers from the fridge and we sat down in front of the TV and started to chat. Slowly the conversation ground to halt as both of us were transfixed by the visuals and were laughing a lot by the antics of the characters in the movie. I hadn't seen it before and didn't know a thing about it and was pleasantly surprised by it. In fact, I loved it. I liked it so much that I then set out to find it on video (as it was back then). I didn't know it at the time but the film had been withdrawn on video and was therefore no longer released and available. I had to search the second had video stores...which I did...for three years. I popped into every video store I passed, searching through the bargain bins or scanning the racks of videos on the walls in the hope that i'd fnd a copy. The search seemed never ending and then one day .... there it was sittng on a shelf in a second hand video store in some backstreet in Eastbourne. I was overjoyed and grabbed it then and there. I still have that very old VHS copy. So today's skecth by me is of one of the main characters from that very Chiodo Brothers film. Today the letter K is for .... Killer Klowns from Outer Space.