Friday, 13 February 2015

After the Storm, The Ship Inn and Milton Greens

"After the Storm" :- Shot a year ago on February the 15th 2014. Britain and the South Coast had been battered constantly by a few months worth of storms, the beaches had been ravaged and the sea had taken its toll. Part of skeletal frame of the old West Pier had fallen away and been swallowed by the surf. Everything looked familier but a little out of whack. So as one of the storms subsided I found myself on the beach, bracing myself aganst the wind and taking this shot.



"The Ship Inn" :- This is the interiror of the Ship Inn in Fore Street in the little Cornish village of Mevagissey. "The Ship" is one of Cornwall's most famous inns and is 400 years old! A few years ago it was dubbed as "Britain's most flooded pub" because between October and December 2012 it was flooded 12 times in 12 weeks. The pub is also said to have a ghost called "Lil" who's supposedly a former landlady who ran the pub from 1910 to 1947. The photograph was taken right at the end of the night after many of the customers had gone.



"Milton Greens" :- I spotted this little track through the trees as I was walking along the tow path of the Grand Union Canal as it passed through the town of Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. The lush greenery caught my eye as it seemed to pull you in, enticing you to wander through. It made me think of the old fairy tales that the brothers Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm collated in the 19th Century. I managed to resist the urge to walk through to the end (just in case) and after taking the shot I turned and headed back along the tow path.


All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill