Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Daily Doodle : Humpty Dumpty

I missed a few days of sketching and doodling as I have been busy so Now I find I am catching up with those I missed. Monday's theme was Humpty Dumpty. At first I thought it was going to be easy but rapidly realised that whatever I drew was going to look pretty much like everyone's version of him as he's stuck in our heads as a jolly or sad looking egg who's either broken and in bots at a bottom of a wall or sitting on it before the fall. I started to sketch him out a day or so ago and put a trowel in one hand and a brick in his other impying that before he could fall from it he had to build his own wall. After an hour I looked at it and decided it wan't good enough so binned it. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs ... so back to the drawing board it was. But then a day ago I had the odd but genius idea of mixing the nursery rhyme with a very well known Pink Floyd album. If he's going to sit on one it may as well be an iconic one. Here's my Humpty Dumpty ...