Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Daily Doodle :- St Patrick's Day

Today's given doodle / sketch theme is St Patrick's Day. I wanted to try and avoid the clichéd depiction of a red headed little man, clicking his heels whilst smoking a pipe at the base of a rainbow etc etc. I find pots of gold and shamrocks are also very patronising when it come to depicting the Irish and any of their celebrations. So I found myself in a bit of a quandry. What to do for the St Patrick's Day sketch. Hmmm. As I pondered my eyes fell upon the wallpaper / background image that I have on my PC. It's of my own character Dark Derek, who's a teenage / adolescent purple wearing goth. I knew then and there waht i was going to do. I freely admit that I have used existing artwork and that I have adapted it for today's purposes therefore neatly sidestepping all gold, shamrock and ginger haired references. For one day only Dark Derek becomes Green Derek...