Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Seat & Bridge, The Everlasting Light and Clear Water

Seat & Bridge :- A place to sit and rest for a while. This metal bench seat is located on the banks of the Grand Union canal and by Bridge 89 in an area called Waterside in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. The bridge also goes by the name of "Peartree Bridge" and is 6.096 meters or 20ft in length and was built in 1918.



The Everlasting Light :- I'd heard that the Middle Street Synagogue in Brighton was a 'hidden treasure' but I'd never managed to set foot inside before. Its doors were forever locked, its windows boarded over for protection, it's interior and history shut away from prying eyes. But then a year or so ago its doors were briefly opened to the public for a few days and I seized my chance. The splendour and grandeur of its interior was far beyond what I was expecting. The Grade II* listed building was built in 1875 and is considered to be not only one Brighton's most prized buildings but also one of Europe's finest synagogues. All the stained glass in its windows dates from the late-19th Century and the half domed stained glass window set above the arch in one of the most stunning stained glass windows I have ever seen.



Clear Water :- The water slips away for a few hours and exposes a different world. I have strong childhood memories of scrambling around the rock pools to the East of Brighton's tourist packed beaches. When the conditions are right and I feel brave enough I still venture out across the slippery weeds and chalk beds. This image was shot between the ancient coastal villages of Ovingdean and Rottingdean.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill