Friday, 25 September 2015

Stifled Set, High & Mighty and Pedestrian Priority

Stifled Set :- I was standing on top of an old Victorian breakwater known as the Black Rock groyne for this shot. The wind was far stronger than I had anticipated so it was all I could do to keep my footing and stopp myself being blown over the side and into the waves that were crashing about on the other side. The storm was on its way in and was creating some dramatic skys as it threw Brighton into a chilly shade. In the distance you cvan clearly see the mighty silhouette of the i360 which is due to open sometime in 2016.



High & Mighty :- This was shot from the section of old City wall that runs between Monk Bar and Bootham Bar in the City of York. I was nearing the end of the walk and not too far from High Petergate when a clearing through the trees supplied me with this view of the mighty York Minster. The building in the foreground is the Grade II listed Purey Cust Lodge. Arthur Perceval Purey-Cust (1828 - 1916) was an eminent Church of England priest and was appointed as Dean of York from 1880 up until his death in 1916.



Pedestrian Priority :- It's funny how some shots jump out at you. I have lost count of the number of times I have walked up and down the undercliff walk that stretches from Brighton all the way out to Saltdean. I've passed this spot over and over again and never once seen it quite like this. I suppose it's all to do with different random factors coming together which change how things appear. On this occasion the concrete was clean (ish), the sea wall on either side was in shadow and the sky and sea were clear blue. I crouched down low, took the shot and then walked into Brighton smiling to myself all the way!



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill