Saturday, 7 November 2015

Mermaid at Night, Bird Box and Torpor

Mermaid at Night :- This area is located in Brighton Marina and it's known as 'Mermaid Walk' which is part of the 'Waterfront". It's full of restaurants that cater for all kinds of tastes with views that look out onto the boats and Marina itself. There are also several bars in the Marina that seem to be busy most of the time. I stoped to take this shot as it was unusually quiet and I loved electric blue lighting under the metal bench seats and on the building up top.



Bird Box :- I wasn't intending to take this shot at all. I was making my way along the promenade towards the old West Pier and the i360 to see how things were coming along etc. As I passed the worn and scruffy phone box I caught sight of it from the corner of my eye and then noticed the shadows thrown across the ground too. The seafront was pretty quiet so I doubled back slightly and set up as quick as I could to get the shot before lorries, cyclists and hundreds of pedestrians ruined the moment. Just as I was about to take the image one lone gull swooped down and landed on the top of the phone box. Perfect.



Torpor :- I sometimes look at these images and find it hard to believe that I actually stood there and took them. This one looks as though it could be some composite special digital effect or matt painting for a film. It's not. It's yet another staggeringly wonderful sunset shot from the beach at Ovingdean Gap to the East of Brighton. This one was shot nearly a year ago on 20th December 2014 and I am hoping that a few more jaw dropping sunsets are heading my way again as this year draws to a close.



All Photography Copyright © Justin Hill